Friday, October 30, 2020

The Rock That Is Higher

 Year 8-Day 304: Today, I am grateful for the rock that is higher than I am.

It has been long week. Everyone is tired, but there is always work to be done. It is so easy to focus on the weariness, when I am supposed to lean on the one whose strength never fails. 

"from the end of the earth I call to you
    when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock
    that is higher than I," -Psalm 61:2

In this verse, I love the "lead me" request. It acknowledges not just our need of Him, but our human need for help in different seasons. We don't need to do it alone. We were never meant to live life alone. We were designed for companionship.

When overwhelmed, we have help. We have a rock that does not fail.

Today, I am grateful for the rock that is higher than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment