Thursday, June 17, 2021

A Place to Sing

 Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 168: Today, I am grateful for a place to sing.

There is something about singing that is soul deep. It resonates with something God wove into each one of us. Something powerfully different from most other human experiences. 

I am reminded the night Jesus was born, the angels sang to the human shepherds. There is something about music that is deeply rooted in the heavens. I can't explain it. I don't have to, thank goodness.

 David knew it and wrote song after song. The New Testament speaks of spiritual songs that bring hope and encouragement. Spiritual songs that lift our hearts and help us pour out our gratitude to our Heavenly Father.

"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." -Colossians 3:16 

Do we let our spirits respond to Him in song? Songs help us learn scriptures and truths from the Bible. The first one we learn as a child is "Jesus loves me, this I know." I've loved singing that old song with people in nursing homes in the last chapter of their earthly tour. I've seen it bring tears to their eyes for the deep seeded truth of a God that has never abandoned them, even in troubles and trials. 

With God as our helper, Jesus as our champion and the Holy Spirit as our comforter, how can we not sing for joy. Talk about a dream team! 

"for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy." - Psalm 63:7

When He is our help and our salvation, we can hum a merry tune in the shadow of his wings. It does create quite an image, doesn't it? 

Today, I am grateful for a place to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment