Thursday, June 24, 2021

Summer Rain

Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 175: Today, I am grateful for summer rain.

There is nothing like a night rain to act as a lullaby. I don't mind the thunder, either. It rarely wakes me up. The smell of rain... the scent is called petrichor... is like nothing else on the planet. 

Even during the day, the rhythm of the rain on the window or pavement is calming. Summer rains are so important. A dry and thirsty land struggles to produce crops and gardens. I try to not feel inconvenienced if I have to go out in a summer rain. Rain is lifegiving. Rain is a gift.

"I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit." -Leviticus 26:4

Drops of precipitation are like glitter on the summer landscape. God designed several ways to water the earth, but it seems the rain is a favorite. When was the last time you danced in the rain? 

Today, I am grateful for summer rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment