Sunday, June 13, 2021

Cacao

 




Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 159: Today, I am grateful for cacao.

Most know I love coffee. It is essential for life in my opinion. Well, I have brewed up something new that is glorious. Chase and Emma gifted me with Cacao for Mother’s Day. As Mama Ina Mae would say…”Oh my goodness!”
Cacao is best brewed in a French press. It steeps longer than coffee. 10 minutes or longer for more intense flavor. Roasted Cocoa beans coarsely ground make the magic. No caffeine. Antioxidants included. It is full of good stuff for the body and the soul.
Imagine drinking a mellow dark chocolate. I savor it with cream and it is amazing with hazelnut or vanilla creamers, too.
All of our adult children challenge us to try new things. They are all naturally curious and willing to try new things. The Love of my Life and I still learn from them nearly every day. I am reminded that we are encouraged to not be afraid of new things. Some are very good like Cacao… and some are hard… like new widowhood (for two of my sisters of the heart… in love and in Christ).
“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” -Isaiah 43:19
New things come in different packages. Some are yummy or exciting. Some are terrifying. I love there reminder of a God who makes a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. He is as constant and consistent as He is creative. He is the God of new chapters.
Today, I am thankful” for cacao… and the God of new things

No comments:

Post a Comment