Monday, June 14, 2021

Shoes That Fit

Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 165: Today, I am grateful for shoes that fit.

They say, "If the shoe fits, wear it." It is a phrase that usually accompanies some reality check. Sometimes, the reality check is less than comfortable. 

Are there times we have old pairs of shoes that are so comfortable, we hate to give them up? Those who know me best know I don't give up favorite shoes or coats easily. They are old friends that provide comfort. I love fashion, but shoes and coats are sometimes more about what fits, feels good and does the job. 

For Cinderella, the shoe that fit was life changing. 

Have you ever had to wear uncomfortable shoes? Oh, I can feel the blisters forming as I type this. I am confident I broke a toe in a raucous game of "Happy Salmon" awhile back. Some of my favorite sandals are no longer comfortable. I no longer choose them first from the closet. I miss them, but it is no fun to be comfortable when walking for any length of time. 

I think about our Jesus, and the human skin he wore that really did not fit him. He did it because he loved us. He would rather be with us in discomfort than lose out on the relationship. Doe we seek Him in the same way?

"But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed."- Isaiah 53:5

His human shoes made a way for all of us to come back into a relationship with God. He bore our punishment in discomfort... out of the purest love for the Father and for us. He honored the Father, even when it meant a sacrifice. 

Today, I am grateful for shoes that fit... and for the ones that didn't, changing everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment