Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Simple Elegance

 Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 181: Today, I am grateful for simple elegance.

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance." - Coco Chanel

Where Coco might lean into a simple black dress, Joanna Gaines will choose white on white. Both are simple. Both are elegant. Yes, you can be country chic. In fact, some have made careers out of it. 

You can, also, be simply elegant creating a warmth not often associated with the rich and famous. I do love hearing stories of those with wealth who have generous hearts and unassuming ways. They do exist. They quietly work behind the scenes supporting those in need... not for the recognition... but because they feel the call to do something good. 

In art, white space allows a picture or scrapbook page to breathe, while drawing the eye to what is important. White space creates the feeling of simple elegance. It is a powerful tool in design. It is why I am a white wall girl when I get my choice. It is uncomplicated and an easily updated space. 

Jesus spoke about keeping things simple with regards to taking vows and making commitments. We humans have become professionals at making things complicated. "It's complicated" is a non-answer and leads to confusion. God is not a fan of confusion. His Word says so:

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." - 1 Corinthians 14:33

"Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one." -Matthew 5:37

Simplicity isn't only elegant, it creates a sense of peace. It is important to say "Yes." when we mean "Yes."  An honest "No" can be equally well received. Life can get messy. Efforts to simplify are good. 

For the Love of My Life... clean countertops are simply elegant. It is another way to say, "I love you." 

Today, I am grateful for simple elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment