Monday, June 21, 2021

Extended Warranty

Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 172: Today, I am grateful for our extended warranty.

Somedays, you just need to laugh. There is something about the absurd that makes us giggle. There are different kinds of laughter. A giggle... to me... is that unexpected, effervescent laugh that lightens the heart. It can burst into a full blown belly laugh when the situation warrants a fuller response, but I love a good giggle.

Memes are an endless source of giggles. They are funny. They usually make us think of specific people in our lives. This one is for anyone who has ever had a car. The robocalls are endless. 

I was going for the verse about a merry heart, but this turned out to be my verse of the day. Again, the Spirit provides a better verse than the one I was going to get:

"The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. -Psalm 121:7-8

Instead of focusing on the laughter in this meme, I am reminded our God is the provider of our "extended warranty". He keeps watch over our comings and goings... now and forever. We don't have to obsess about this old human body all that much. We should take care of it, but it is temporary housing... a starter vehicle. Our souls are forever in His care and He's got us covered by his blood. Better than any extended car warranty. 

It gives me great peace knowing that we don't have to worry about expiration dates when He is our Lord and Savior. We receive  a new model... fully restored... when our souls return to the one who gave us His breath and His life. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Today, I am grateful for our extended warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment