Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Creative Spaces

Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 173: Today, I am grateful for those who create, encourage (and support) creative spaces.

One of the ways the Love-of-my-Life melts my heart is his patience and ultimate support of my need for creative spaces. We both like a tidy house. He needs neat spaces more than I do. He is a whiz at taking a mess and tidying it up. There is nothing like a clean space to make deep breaths come easier. 

That said, I can't be neat and creative. My cleaning of my artistic spaces easily turns into "micro-cleaning" and organizing. When it is done, it is fabulous, but it always seems to be a work in progress. 

I can only imagine what it must have been like for our God to literally speak the heavens into order out of nothingness. Because He is not bound by time and space as we know it, I truly cannot imagine what it looked like. I do get to enjoy the beauty of the heavens, the waters, the flatland fields and the mountains. Each landscape has its own magic and sense of wonder. Heaven and nature do sing together the glory of His majesty found in creation. 

I love the Thomas Edison quote: "There ain't no rules around here, we're trying to accomplish something."

Nature has some rules, but it also is full of mystery and creativity. Even those who do not believe in God are often in awe of nature. Seriously, the Midwestern landscape when the leaves are so many shades of red, green, yellow, gold and brown... it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and we get to witness it annually. 

"I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles."-Psalm 145:5

Don't forget to nurture the creative spirit within you. Build a deck, sing a song, dance, write a poem, build a deck, bake a cake, paint a picture, play an instrument, sew a quilt, knit a hat, design a garden, make a card or take a picture...let your spirit run free. 

Today, I am grateful for those who create, encourage (and support) creative spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment