Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Garden Whimsy

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 194: Today, I am grateful for garden whimsy.

I adore a whimsical garden. Randy sees a mess and I see pure delight. I don't need the order or symmetry of a traditional English garden. I prefer the less planned look with pops of color. That said, my eye needs artistic balance, but I don't need a perfect plan. I embrace and celebrate the unexpected.

I couldn't help but think of the garden God planted.  

"The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." -Genesis 2:9

He had plans and hopes and dreams. When He added us, we were the unexpected. His beautiful garden was full of goodness with one simple rule. Don't eat the fruit on the tree in the center of the garden. How hard could it be to follow that one simple rule? 

Oh, how we humans have used our free will in ways that bring consequences since the beginning of time. Some choices can't be undone, and pride and disobedience led to dire consequences. Still, God delights in his children. He longs to see us take root in good soil and grown into all he hoped we would be. 

Are we the whimsy in God's garden? Perhaps we are. Beautiful with our wild hearts and free willing ways. 

Today, I am grateful for garden whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment