Thursday, July 29, 2021

No Commericals

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 210: Today, I am grateful books have no commercials.

This made me smile. I was always in trouble for reading past bedtime. It is so hard to put a good book down. I always have the urge to read "just a few more pages". I've finished more books in the middle of the night than I care to admit. Books are wonderful... and they have no commercials.

Another lovely aspect of a book is the joy in rereading a favorite passage, chapter or even the entire book. I don't reread very many novels, but the ones I do make me smile. It is like visiting with an old friend.

The one book I continue to read over and over is the Bible. It never ceases to amaze me with all the wonder between its pages. It is "living and breathing". It speaks to our souls like no other book. I hold deep truths and some mysteries, too. It is science, romance, adventure, self-improvement, crime and futuristic, too. All in one book. The parables are some of my favorite chapters because I love a story that has a message. It has no commercials and the author keeps His promises. There is no hype to sort through. It is the real deal.

"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.' - Proverbs 30:5-6

His Word is good and true... and there are no commercials. You can read it and read it again, discovering new wonders between the pages every time.

Today, I am grateful books have no commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment