Saturday, July 3, 2021

Special Visitors

Gratitude Year 9-Day 184: Today, I am grateful  for special visitors.

Mama Ina Mae had some visitors today. I need to get my post done, so I do not have the time to write all that is in my heart. I haven't had time to sort through the pictures to find the best ones, but this one spoke volumes. 

Mama is the oldest of ten... seven in the original pack and with three bonus siblings later in life. Mama is the oldest with Aunt Judy just 2 years behind her. They have been best buddies their entire lives. They married neighbor boys, moving a couple of city girls to the farm and turning them into farm wives. 

They married not far apart... my Dad introduced Aunt Judy to Uncle Larry. They had babies together. They now have Huntington's together. These girls are so much more than sisters. Through thick and thin... it is an example of constantly abiding. Now, they face a pretty tough disease... together. Uncle Larry made sure Aunt Judy could visit Mama weekly, so moving her away from Aunt Judy was a big deal for both of them. They've never been separated for long. 

Aunt Judy and Mama raised seven kids together. Five girls and two boys... just like her family of origin (before the bonus siblings). Dad and Uncle Larry knew at any time, they could end up with five girls or two boys in the house. We were always negotiating sleep overs. We have so many rich memories. Every Sunday, we gathered at grandparents' homes, so we really knew our cousins. I was the oldest, so I left before some cousins were born. Aunt Judy's family (and Uncle Lee's)... we shared all of our growing up days together. 

They recently asked Aunt Judy where she would want to go if she were to travel somewhere. Her reply, "I want to see my sister, Ina Mae." Today, we had special visitors (quite a few more... but Aunt Judy gets the credit for making her request). 

How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers (and sisters) live together in harmony! -Psalm 133:1

The day was perfect. The visitors were welcome and it was sad to see them go. It was good to share a meal and some time together. We made a few new memories. 

Today, I am grateful  for special visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment