Monday, July 12, 2021

The Blessing of another Year


 

Daily Gratitude Year 9- Day 192: Today, I am grateful for the blessing of another year.

This year, I am deeply aware of the blessing of another year. With a sister-in-love, a dear friend and aunt who have recently lost spouses… loved ones who have had to say “until we meet again on the other side of the door”… the gift of marking another year is not lost on us.
We spent the weekend with family, celebrating Randy’s Uncle Jim with family and the people who loved him. Such reunions are always bittersweet. Uncle Jim and Aunt Ruth celebrated 60 years in June. Sixty years of laughing, loving and growing a family. God richly blessed their family. They filled the entire center section of the Free Methodist Church in Bentley, MI… and more. He had a “full quiver” as the Bible describes it.
“Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.“ -Psalm 127:3
The thing about love… the years granted never feels like enough when death knocks. We always long for one more good day, even when we know that it is loving and compassionate to let a loved one go.
I will have to do another post on Cousins… as Randy and I have both been blessed with recent cousin visits.
The Love-of-My-Life is patient, loving and kind. He is witty and wise. As I heard the stories of Uncle Jim, I smiled because Randy certainly reflects things he learned watching Uncle Jim (and Aunt Ruth) visiting their home as a child.
Today, I will not take for granted the gift of another year!


No comments:

Post a Comment