Friday, July 9, 2021

God Doesn't Give Up

Gratitude Year 9-Day 190: Today, I am grateful God doesn't give up. 

Remember waiting on your parents as a child? Or perhaps, waiting on children to complete music lessons or sports practices. Most humans are not naturally patient. Honestly, one of the most beautiful sights to see is a senior person interacting with a small child while demonstrating an abundance of patience. 

How can we even begin to know the mind of God? I know that his character is reflected in His Word and felt in His Spirit. But, I am fully aware that I really cannot comprehend the Father's love and patience with our imperfections. We are all works in progress. The closest we can come just might be watching grandparents with their grandchildren. 


This scripture passage is one that holds great promise:

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." -Philippians 1:6

Earworm is singing, "His love never fails, never gives up, never gives up on me." from Jesus Culture's song, "One Thing Remains". It will likely be stuck in my head for days. Sometimes we need the reminder through repetition. 

We can be confident. He will, indeed, finish what he started. 

Today, I am grateful God doesn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment