Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Holy Mess

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 5: Today, I am grateful for the holy mess.

Sometimes, it seems like life is a bit of a mess. I am far from holy, but The One who holds me in the palm of His hand is truly holy. Nothing compares to him. (Ear Worm is singing "Nothing compares to you". 

When things seem out of control, it is a good reminder I never really was in control. Take a deep breath and say, "Whatever comes this day, He will not abandon his own." And, he doesn't. 

"Embrace the imperfections, the chaos, the holy mess of your beautiful life." -Kelly Rae Roberts

I love her art. It is a beautiful mess with unexpected whimsy. Art often imitates life. 

I don't fully comprehend holy, but I know when I come up against it. I know there are holy moments in every day when we offer our lives as a living sacrifice.

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him." - Romans 12:1

This day or season may not make any sense to me, but He can redeem our messes. He uses the raw materials of our imperfect lives to His purpose and to His service. We need only say, "Not my will but thine be done." 

Press on. And, invest in paper towels for the messes you can clean.

Today, I am grateful for the holy mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment