Sunday, January 30, 2022

Reminders to not Steal the Pen

 

Gratitude Year 10 - Day 30: Today, I am grateful for reminders not to steal the pen. 

We all have favorite pens. My girlfriend, Susan, and I have shared a love of pens since college. I've been spoiled with purple flairs (one of my favorites) and I have a rainbow of InkJoy I use daily, too. At Christmas, I received a sparkly pen with my name on it. There are several other pens I adore for different purposes. 

A good pen is hard to hold on to... they often walk away. My dear friend, Holli, has a favorite pen. It occasionally (accidently) lands on someone else's desk. You don't want Holli to find your pen on her desk. (Laugh Out Loud...she knows I love her). It is easier for her to love us, if we don't steal her pen. 😉

The other day, students grabbed my sparkly pen from my desk and I did not show much Jesus in my knee jerk response. I was all over them with an  "Oh no, no, no" (more about germs than fear of them taking it). My response should have shown more grace and mercy. It is just a pen, but it sparkles and reminds me of the gift giver. 

Today, I saw a new twist on a familiar quote:

"God is still writing your story. Quit trying to steal the pen and trust the author." -Toby Mac 

Being in tune with the Master changes everything. Trusting him to write our story means letting Him have the pen. This verse from Habakkuk 2:2 reminds us to be ready to run.

"And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it." -Habakkuk 2:2

This verse has become near and dear to my heart. It is one of my "life verses". I keep it close to my heart and attempt to live in His light. I try to remember to let Him hold the pen. He never fails those who put their trust in Him. He is trustworthy. 

Today, I am grateful for reminders not to steal the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment