Monday, January 10, 2022

Peace in Silence

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 10: Today, I am grateful for the peace in silence.

This year, I will continue to seek some of the wonders in winter instead of dwelling on the pain it magnifies. I remember Mama Ina Mae saying "cold to the bone" and that is not a good kind of cold. This Susan Branch image welcomes the New Year and the winter calm. 

Post holidays, it does feel nice to have things slow down. The calendar isn't as full and there are quiet evenings. The Love of My Life surprised me with a fire in the fireplace tonight. He added warmth and not just heat when he lit the fire. We all enjoyed it, including the dog. The nearly 70lb princess doesn't like to be cold. 

Silence isn't void. This quote says it well:

"Feed your soul with silence; that's where dreams are born." 

Silence is recharging and restorative. It is peaceful. It is why Psalm 46:10 is kept above my kitchen sink, so I start the day with right thinking. 

Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10 

The first part of the verse is quoted often. The second half of the verse is rich in truth, too. In the quiet places and spaces, we focus more clearly on His majesty. 

Today, I am grateful for the peace in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment