Wednesday, February 2, 2022

My Guy



Gratitude Year 10 - Day 33: Today, I am grateful for my guy.

My guy does not love having his picture taken, but occasionally I get to capture him. He has been my guy for about 37 years. Crazy how time flies by. His blue eyes still capture my attention and his wit still makes me laugh. I am so grateful for every year, because I know that life can be unpredictable and fragile. 

My guy... the one I usually refer to as "The Love of my Life" is really one of the most humble guys I know. He never wants a fuss made over him. He doesn't like to be the center of attention. He loves to work and wants to leave a good mark on anything he touches. He is crazy smart and loves learning new things, too.  He is quiet but sincere in His faith. He is an amazing Dad and brother. He likes to think he is a favorite uncle and cousin, too. (Don't burst his bubble.)

He believes in doing the right thing, even if no one is watching. He makes me laugh and drives me nuts (I know that works both ways.) I am so grateful for his birth, life and the way he loves. He never intended to stay in Illinois, but here we are and now it is home.

Together is my favorite place to be. On this day, I am grateful for his birth and the gift of sharing his days. I hope he knows how deeply he is loved. Not just today, but every day. He lives out this scripture every day:

"For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her." -Ephesians 5:25

I pray God grants us many more shared anniversaries of his birth. 

Today, I am grateful for my guy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment