Thursday, February 3, 2022

Power

 

Gratitude Year 10 - Day 34: Today, I am grateful the power is on.

When winter storms happen, one of the great concerns is losing power. To be perfectly honest, our street rarely experiences power outages. When we do, it is a reminder of the importance of electricity. 

I am comforted by my gas oven and wood fireplace (and a neighbor who has been known to share his generator) but the best case scenario is to not lose power in the first place.  

Power is something we take for granted until it is out. We expect lights to turn on when we flip the switch and washing machines to work when we push the button. 

This was my scripture for today:

"But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress." -Psalm 59:16

This passage reminds us to celebrate the power of our Lord and His unfailing love.

Do I take God's power for granted, too? I run to His arms when I am scared or weary, but do I remember to sing of His wonderful power and love at the dawn of each new day? I like to think "Daily Gratitude" helps me do that very thing, but some days I drop the ball. I need to celebrate every day there is "power in the blood".

Storms come and go. I need to remember to focus on the blessings and rejoice in His mighty hand. It is the same hand that holds both the vast universe and the unborn baby just beginning to take form in their mother's womb. Now, that is power. 

Today, I am grateful the power is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment