Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Balance

Daily Gratitude Year Twelve-Day 10: Today, I am grateful for balance.

"As you learn to fly, may you also learn to rest... both will prepare you for the journey ahead." Morgan Harper Nichols

Such a great quote for January. It is all about balance. Learn to fly, but rest, too. Your body, mind, and soul need both. 

Many are taking advantage of the "re-set" that comes with a new year. It is good. I know there are a few things I am trying to do differently or better. One day at a time. Some days I succeed. Other days, I don't. 

I am grateful for the tender mercies that come with each sunrise. Balance is not always easy for us. It requires pausing to reflect and evaluate. 

When I do find balance, I know I do not achieve it alone. 

"How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?" -Galatians 3:3

Not on our own. "Not by might. Not by power. But, by the Spirit, says the Lord."

Today, I am grateful for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment