Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Lagom

Daily Gratitude Year Twelve-Day 9: Today, I am grateful for "lagom." 

Vocabulary building is one of my favorite things. I love learning new words. It expands how I see the world. 

"Lagom" is a Scandinavian word. It means, "not too little, not too much; just right." Anyone else thinking about Goldilocks and the three bears? She wanted the bed that was "just right." 

Lagom! How many cups of coffee is lagom? It differs for everyone. What is your perfect temperature? The correct answer for me in 75 degrees Fahrenheit. 75 degrees is lagom! 

When the mattress on your bed is not too hard and not to soft... it is lagom. How often do we celebrate the "just right" things in our lives? Do we seek out a state of contentment? Or, are we always looking to change something? 

To find joy in the "just right" is an intentional act. I love this scripture reminder:

"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have." - Philippians 4:11. 

Look for the "just right" in your day. You won't regret it. 

Today, I am grateful for "lagom." 



No comments:

Post a Comment