Thursday, January 18, 2024

Testing Points

 Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 18: Today, I am grateful for testing points. 

Testing points help us navigate many things. When is a product safe? When is a product dangerous? To what temperature will it withstand the heat? What about the cold? Will it splinter or shatter when the temperatures are subzero? So many questions, right? The questions help us test a product for approval. 

Windshields, dishes, and mirrors come to mind. The product list could be quite long. Testing points must be recognized, designed, tested, and recorded. 

I stumbled on this C.S. Lewis quote from "The Screwtape Letters." I really need to re-read that book. I love this definition of "courage." 

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." 

Oh my goodness... this is my verse of the day. I went for another passage and this one was right there waiting for me! 

When I add in my scriptures my prayer is this, "If you have something better, Lord, send it." He wins, again! Seriously, this one is perfect:

"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it." -1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message)

Yes, we will have testing points. If we look to Him, he will not let us be tested past our limit. His help is certain... when we seek His face. 

Today, I am for grateful testing points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment