Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Winter Citrus

 

Daily Gratitude Year Twelve-Day 3- Today, I am grateful for winter citrus.

I was listening to a podcast today that reminded me that we too often take for granted the availability of winter citrus fruits. They are packed full of Vitamin C, folate (B9), antioxidants, fiber, and have anti-inflammatory properties. To have them readily available and affordable means we can live better in the winter months. And... they are delicious. 

Grapefruit has become one of my favorites. The tart/sweet combination makes my mouth water. We go through a bag of Halos/Cuties mandarins pretty quickly, just the two of us. Lemons and limes make so many things better. It is hard to choose a true favorite. Each winter citrus fruit moments when they shine. 

The land produced vegetation—all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good." -Genesis 1:12

It really is a simple pleasure. 

Today, I am grateful for winter citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment