Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The Urge to Purge


 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 16: Today, I am grateful for the urge to purge. 

I am not really a collector, but I am a saver. "You never know when that might come in handy." How many times have I said those very words. Occasionally, the item is a lifesaver. Too many times, closets and storage spots get full. 

When it comes to my treasures, it can be hard to let go. I am sentimental by nature. 

When we do find the courage to let go of some stuff, there is a unique freedom. We lay our burdens down and are set free. 

Here is great advice:

"My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God’s Spirit. Then you won’t feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. "Galatians 5:16

I like this list of suggested purges. The love of my life would be thrilled if I conquered just a few room. I did do some purging over the Christmas break.

Today, I am grateful for the urge to purge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment