Thursday, August 16, 2018

Act of Faith

Year 6 - Day 228: Today, I am grateful that gratitude is an act of faith.

How do we know if we are trusting the Lord? One of the ways is to measure our gratitude cup.

There is a rich joy in hanging out with believers who have come through the tough stuff with their foundation firm and their faith unshaken. The fullness of their faith is exposed in their gratitude for even the smallest things. 

All of my life, I've known people with big stories. Stories that would make you cry. One thing I have learned is that nearly everyone has their own "big story". One that would break your heart... or maybe that chapter has not yet unfolded. This world is full of trouble. Gratitude is an act of faith through the trials. 


"See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid.The Lord God is my strength and my song;    he has given me victory.” -Isaiah 12:2(NLT)

The song in our hearts needs to be sung. Songs for thankfulness to a God who is faithful and mighty to save. When we declare his Lordship... in the good times and the trials... we more clearly see His face. We can be fearless because he is strong, and true.

All of us are a work in progress. He isn't finished with us yet... until our last earthly breath and first breath of heaven. I know I still have so much more to learn. I will choose to be grateful for this day.  

Today, I am grateful that gratitude is an act of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment