Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Enough Toilet Paper

Year 6 - Day 219: Today, I am grateful for enough toilet paper.

I try to plan. I thought I had enough toilet paper to get us through the first crazy weeks of school. Shopping time is minimal, since weekends are full of other things. I didn't. 

Walker was home, so I sent him down to get enough to get 8 rolls. Enough to stock the upstairs bathrooms... and he came back with not quite half a roll. The half used roll was all the extra we had in the house. 

We determined which bathroom needed it the most, and I placed a quick Target order for the Love of my Life to pick up on the way home (Mega rolls are a must and Target has the best deal.) Today, we do not have an abundance, but we have enough for this day. 

"Enough" was last year's one little word to ponder and pray. The year five lesson was, "In gratitude, what we have becomes enough."This year, my chosen word is savor. Today, I am savoring the enough! See how it all comes together? 

Somehow, the "enough for today" brings more joy than when I have an abundance stacked up on the storage shelf in the laundry room. The reality of having enough in a shortage seeds and grows more gratitude than when my toilet paper storehouse is bursting to the seams. 

Jesus taught us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread." Enough for the day. Moses and the children of Israel were only given manna for one day at a time. They were not allowed to keep it overnight. They had to trust God for the next day's provisions. One day at a time. 

I am a "Just in case" girl. I like to have a plan... a back up plan... and plan C in the works, just is case. This control seeking part of my personality can get in the way of my trusting His hand and His plan. The struggle is real. 

Responsible planning is good. Trusting Him is better.  

Give us this day our daily bread, -Matthew 6:11

I am, also, grateful for my Randy, who will arrive home with two mega packs of mega rolls in hand. 

Today, I am grateful for enough toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment