Thursday, August 2, 2018

Fresh Flower Bouquets

Year 6 - Day 214: Today, I am grateful for fresh flower bouquets. 

My friend from childhood and college had a birthday this week. (Happy Birthday Donna!) This is a beautiful bouquet she received as a gift. Look at that sunflower shining and whispering that cooler days are on the horizon. Flowers brighten any room. Why do we save them for special occasions? 

Kroger, our local grocery store, usually has a colorful assortment of fresh cut flowers that are too old to meet their standards for a full price purchase, but fresh enough to bring color to your table for almost a week. My friend, Stacia, reminded me of this when we worked together. 

The fragrance, the color and the scent combined are spirit lifting and soul rejeuvenating. Flowers color our world and our days. 

"The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come" -Song of Solomon 2:11a

Yes, I do believe that flowers make our hearts sing. Savor them. Take a photograph. The Love of My Life knows my favorites. Yellow roses, calla lilies, gerbera daisies and lilacs cut from the back yard. Each one for different reasons and seasons. 

Savor. Yes. Not just take a glance, but take a picture. Stop and take in the scent of the blooms. Smell the green freshness? 

Today, I am grateful for fresh flower bouquets


No comments:

Post a Comment