Thursday, August 23, 2018

Non-Slip Shoes

Year 6 - Day 235: Today, I am grateful for non-slip shoes.

I love shoes. I always have. I remember some favorite pairs from childhood like old friends. Some are cute. Some are comfortable. The best ones are both. When the weather is wet, I am always reminded of the value of non-slip shoes. Tile and other smooth, glossy surfaces can be dangerous when you add unexpected patches of water.

For those who hike on steep terrains, the value of non-slip shoes is not lost. An excellent day can depend on the right pair of comfortable, non-slip shoes. 


Life is full of slick floors and steep terrains, but we have a God who is close when danger is near. 
"I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." - Psalm 94:18-19 (NLT)

Supported by His love, we can take on the day. He gave us freedom, the power and the good sense to choose the right pair shoes. His love wraps us in comfort and renews our hope and cheer. We can be fearless.

Today, I am grateful for non-slip shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment