Saturday, August 4, 2018

Fellowship

Year 6 - Day 216: Today, I am grateful for the sweetness of the fellowship.

Today, we attended a wedding ceremony and reception. The father of the bride reminded me that it was at his sister's wedding reception in that same fellowship hall, that he and I met for the first time. It was 31 years ago. Our first communication was a miscommunication. 


We have laughed over the story of our meeting for years. Today, we enjoyed retelling it, again for Leah's bridesmaids. This same father of the bride and his lovely wife have been my son's in-laws for just over a year. They've been our friends more than half of my life. I promise you... he has the best inlaws! 

Sharing wedding fellowship with Jeff and Donna has been pure joy. ( Yes, they hosted two weddings in just over 14 months. They are really good at it, but are out of daughters. ) They did it again, today, hosting a day that perfectly reflected the couple... and our Lord. 

The bride and groom, Leah and Jacob, wanted a simple, meaningful, old fashioned wedding. It was all that and more... from start to finish. This picture was taken at our reception table. The flowers were stunning, most being taken from the Leah's grandfather's garden. The fellowship at the tables was full of good conversation and laughter. A new marriage is a special reason to gather. 

What a great day! 


I just walked in the door a little bit ago... and the full day has me posting late. As I pondered what I would share on this day with so much to be thankful for... my friend Brittany shared a new App called Bible Lens. It applies scriptures to pictures on your camera roll. It is so fun to play. 

Brittany showed me the app with this picture and I suddenly had the perfect gratitude post. Praise... hands... and fellowship are captured in this image. 

And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. -Act 2:42 

Learning, fellowship, breaking bread together and prayers. Each component a key to living fully alive in Christ. Sharing each others sorrows and celebrating each other's joys. 

Today, I am grateful for the sweetness of the fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment