Sunday, August 5, 2018

Index Cards

Image from Pinterest: Victoria Porter-inmyheartstudios.com
Year 6 - Day 217: Today, I am grateful for index cards.

Index cards are one of my favorite office supply items. Lines. No lines. White. Neon. Pastel. There are so many choices. There are 3X5 and 4X6 choices. And even bigger if you hit the right office supply store. I can find uses for them all. 

They are a humble little office supply, but rich in possibilities. I use them in the office and at home. They are in my kitchen, at my computer and in my Bible. Today, the bright orange and green ones are my favorite. The colors of summer delight never get old. 

Index cards are perfect for when I need to write something down. I might grab one for a grocery list or to help me memorize a verse. They make great little "canvases" for learning and practicing art techniques or lettering. I've use them to write out a math problem, to keep record of tasks and to note a Photoshop procedure for photo editing. Writing scriptures down on an index card helps me to "unfold" their truths and think them through. 

The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. -Psalm 119:130

Sometimes, writing down questions helps us work through them to find answers. 

And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it-Habakkuk 2:2 

When working with the youth on Wednesday nights in the past, we used 4X6 cards to write down our chosen "life verses" for the year. We would work on memorizing our own passages, and along the way, we began to memorize the chosen life scriptures of other group members. The power of an index card may be more life changing than we realized. 

Today, I am grateful for index cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment