Thursday, December 6, 2018

Choose Calm

Daily Gratitude Year Six-Day 340: Today, I am grateful we can choose calm. 

Our society has developed the oddest quirk over the last 30-40 years. There is almost a sense of awe over the threat or act of giving in to emotions and rage. Setting a bad temper free and ugly public behavior is not uncommon anymore. "Going postal" is the cultural term (for my Aussie, Canadian and UK friends) and it isn't pretty. 

"One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm." 

Such a true statement.  Learning to stay calm through the storms is a powerful tool. Through physical and emotional storms, we still have choices. 

The most popular verse of the year for YouVersion Bible is from Isaiah 41:10:
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

It is so often fear and hurt that lead to rage and ugly outbursts. How can we choose to remain calm? 

Prayer is always a powerful front line offensive move. It allows us to hear God whisper: "Don't be afraid. I am with you. Don't be discouraged, I AM. I am God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will hold you." 

Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in His grace and exhale His calm. 

In the holiday lines, at the grocery store, at the four-way stop and everywhere we go... we have a powerful choice to make.   

Today, I am grateful we can choose calm

No comments:

Post a Comment