Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Stay The Course

Daily Gratitude Year Six-Day 360:Today, I am grateful we can stay the course.

Another year is about to wrap up and we will be learning to write 2019 without correcting the nine at the end. We have made our way through 2018 one day at a time. 

Some years are harder than others. Most are a mixed bag. Our character and strength comes from keeping our eyes on Jesus. He will never lead us in the wrong direction. Embracing His guidance makes all the difference. 

"It's dangerous to arrive without our character mature or intact. Character and strength often come through staying the course." -Lisa Bevere 

Jesus wore our humanness and understands we grow tired. He knows what it is like to not feel heard or understood. He showed us the way to peace was to love him with everything we've got... with our whole, undivided hearts. Then, in return, His love will fill us with a love that will leak into everything we do, including how we love our neighbors. 

“I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me." -John 17:22-23

He will grant us patience, love and courage. He will help us stay the course. Then the world will see Him through us.

Today, I am grateful we can stay the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment