Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Lights

Daily Gratitude Year Six-Day 353: Today, I am grateful for Christmas lights.

There is something in the twinkle of Christmas lights that make the heart happy. Light coruscating off delicate glass balls somehow reflects the joy of the season. In the bleak days of winter there this light... and hope... and wonder.  

God could have announced the birth of his son in so many ways, but he chose an angel chorus and a star. Light and song were his way. I think they still are. We are still moved by light and music. We feel them in our souls. They fill us up with the good stuff of the season. 

So tonight...when the day calms down... make time to enjoy the magic of Christmas lights. Savor. 

Savor has been my one little word for the year. I continue to need the reminder to slow down and enjoy the moments. In December, even more. I don't want to miss the light. 

"I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance." -Ephesians 1:18

May our hearts and our homes be flooded with light this Christmas season. For those who choose to believe and receive... it is a glorious inheritance that will shine bright for all of eternity. 

Today, I am grateful for Christmas lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment