Saturday, December 29, 2018

Winterscape

Daily Gratitude Year Six-Day 363:Today, I am grateful we can celebrate winter beyond Christmas. 

I am not going to lie. Winter is not my favorite season. Still, it is part of the circle of life and in nature's rhythm, winter is rest.

Today,  I decided that we needed to decorate the mantel for winter. Christmas decorations are put away and it is a long time until Easter. Thus, decorating the mantel is a way to bring some fun to the winterscape. 

This picture is not my mantel. Mine isn't done, yet. Still, I had a great time planning the many options. I want to celebrate winter with a happy heart. 

I forget to rejoice in all that we have when winter's chill settles into my bones. We have enough. Enough food. Enough heat. Enough clothing. Enough warm water, too. 

She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes. -Proverbs 31:21

Today, I am grateful we can celebrate winter beyond Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment