Friday, March 15, 2019

Daisies

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 74: Today, I am grateful for daisies. 

We named our puppy Daisy Mae a year ago when we brought her home. Mae after Mama Ina Mae and that she was thrilled. Both Mama and Daisy are full of love and forgiveness. We can learn much from both of them. 

As for the Daisy part of her name... can you look at a daisy and not smile? They are persistent happy little flowers. They are hearty and hopeful with thier sunny centers. If they lose a petal or two, it simply adds to their charm. It is a reminder that we can be wounded and beautiful, too. 

The scripture lesson from the flowers is clear. Seek the sun... or in our case, the Son... and lay your worries down. Don't waste energy on worry. I haven't mastered that art, but I am working on it. It is a daily exercise. 

"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are." -Matthew 6:27-29

My Sister-in-Law, Jennifer, hooked me on Gerbera Daisies. They are truly my favorite of the bunch. She tells my brother, Matthew, that she would rather have them over roses any day. The bright blooms practically glow with joy. They add joy to any table, any room on any day. Every day is an occasion for daisies. 

Today, I am grateful for daisies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment