Friday, March 29, 2019

Deep and Wide

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 88: Today, I am grateful for a love that is deep and wide.

Math was my academic nemesis. I could do it, but it was not fast. Accuracy required extra work. As an adult, I've realized that while my letters stay in order... I easily invert numbers. I still check and double check numbers, phone numbers, times and dates. 

Figuring volume is one of the equations used in math and science: Volume = length X width X height. There are times it is helpful to know how much a box, a container or a refrigerator will hold. I am blessed to be married to Mr. Math, who can calculate most things in his head... no paper or pencil necessary. 

Sometimes, it is hard to visualize volume. When we were comparing refrigerators this week, Randy said, "The difference is the size of two 12X12 boxes." As a scrapbooker, I speak in the language of 12X12 papers... so I instantly understood how much more room was in the larger freezer. 

There are some things we cannot imagine. Try as we might, we cannot fathom the love of God for us. It is a big, deep, wide and consuming fire burning for us. He longs to bring us into the warmth, joy and hope found in His love. 

"Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God" -Ephesians 3:17-19

When Christ makes his home in us, we become more grounded. Growing roots helps us weather the storms of life. We can experience it. Live in it. Mature in it. Celebrate it. We can be completed in Him with a new fullness of life and power. 

Can we measure it? No, but we can trust that it is enough. He is enough. 

Today, I am grateful for a love that is deep and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment