Monday, March 18, 2019

The Number Seven

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 77: Today, I am grateful for the number seven. 

Remember  Sesame Street? "This day was brought to you by the number '7' and the letter 'G'."

Today is Year 7-Day 77 of daily gratitude (or Day 2,268). 777 was the last three numbers on my odometer when I parked the car after a four hour drive last week. 7 always makes me smile. 

It is one of the numbers that recurs frequently in scripture. I have always thought of it as God's favorite number. Seven is the Jewish number representing creation, thus there are seven days in a week. In Hebrew, it represents good fortune and blessings. It is considered one of the greatest power numbers in Judaism. It is associated with completion, perfection and rest.

If a number seven shows up in scripture pay attention, take note and look a little deeper for God's power to be displayed. There are 7 days in a week, 7 notes on a musical scale, 7 colors in God's rainbow, 7 divisions in the Bible, 7 days in the Passover feast, 7 Spiritual gifts given by the Father and many more. Keep Digging! 

My Bible Journaling friend, Patricia Alejandro Paterno, says God's word is like a castle full of hidden passages to be discovered. You enter one scripture and tunnel through popping out at the door of another. It all comes together in an "ah-ha" moment. 

I adore that image more than I can express with words. The wonder of it never ceases to leave me burning with a desire to learn more. His power, mercy, perfection and love leave me breathless. 

This day was brought to you by the number "7" from a God who completes what he started. 

Today, I am grateful for the number seven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment