Sunday, March 10, 2019

Protection

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 69: Today, I am grateful for protection. 

Speed laws and seat belts were not put in place to annoy us. They were created for our protection. So were guardrails and swimming rules. Our human skin can be  fragile and we need protection. 

I adore this verse:

And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst.’” -Zechariah 2:5

The verse is a prophetic; the language is pure art. I can visualize it. Can't you? The Lord will be a "wall of fire" around His beloved on. He will be "the glory in her midst". I am in awe of the thought. 

Our God has a burning desire to be with us and to protect us. He longs to shine light into our lives. His light disperses our darkness and our fears. He is the great protector. He is enough... and so much more. 

There are times, we do not see or understand the protections put in place.  We simply trust they are there; we obey the related rules. 

Today, I am grateful for protection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment