Monday, April 26, 2021

Enough

 

Year 9- Day 116: Today, I am grateful for enough.

Enough was my one little word for the year back a few years ago. It has stuck with me, along with many lessons learned. In a world that screams, "More, more and more!" I am reminded of the simple power of being content with the "enough". 

"Job never saw why he suffered, but he saw God... and that was enough." -Tim Keller

Jesus taught us to pray by asking for "enough" , not for abundance. Yes, I think God loves to pour our rich blessings on His children, but there is a closeness found in Him when we are satisfied with the "enough". How did Jesus teach us to pray? 

"Give us this day our daily bread." -Matthew 6:11

Jesus taught us to pray for our daily needs to be met, and then to watch the lilies of the field and the birds of the air to see examples of God's provision.

Even in the miracle of the loaves and the fish, he fed the multitude in a way that satisfied their hunger, but it was not a fancy meal. Yes, there were left overs, but the meal itself was simple and satisfying. He turned what they had available, into enough to feed the crowd until all were satisfied. 

Do I remember to give thanks for the blessing of satisfaction, or do I always long for over the top abundance? 

"Lord, teach my heart to delight in the wonder of your love. Fill my heart with gratitude in the moments when you provide enough. Help me to recognize the many times you fill my days with abundance, so I might praise you bigger and better. You are Lord of the big blessings and the daily provisions of enough food to eat, clean water to drink and a safe home to keep us sheltered. You provide it all. Open my eyes to see your hand in it all." -Amen

Today, I am grateful for enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment