Thursday, April 15, 2021

Pathways in the Wilderness

 

Year 9- Day 105: Today, I am grateful for pathways in the wilderness.

Do not doubt for a minute that our God hears our prayers. He is mighty to save. He is bigger than disease or life situation. He makes a way in the desert. We might not understand his plan, but we can trust His heart. 

There are times that life gets pretty overwhelming. The plate gets full and the need for a deep breath is very real. I love this scripture in troubled times, because I need the reminder that the Master of the Universe is still making a way in the desert places:

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." -Isaiah 43:19

We do not need to fear. Anxiety so easily sets in, but the truth is... he never abandons His children. In the desert places, we are reminded that He is the living water that quenches our thirst. His breath in our lungs... as those who came from Adam... is a thought that makes me smile. We are souls who inhabit this frail human skin, but we need not fear the future when we live in Him. 

"For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’" -Acts 17:28

This week, alone... we have seen evidence of God moving a few mountains and making a way in the desert places. Look for the evidence in your lives, too. I know it is there. Write it down. Claim it. Say, "Thank you, Lord." Yes, we live and move and exist in Him. One day at a time. 

Thank him for each and every new morning for new mercies and fresh grace. It will change every day. 

Today, I am grateful for pathways in the wilderness.



No comments:

Post a Comment