Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Fear Busters

 

Year 9- Day 95: Today, I am grateful for fear busters.

I am human. I forget to trust like the lilies of the field and the birds. I have moments... and maybe even months... when I wonder if I have what it takes to fulfill the work He has put before me. 

I forget that the enemy delights in our fears. Who wants to delight the evil one? 

I absolutely adore this passage. It speaks life in a season when so much around us is speaking fear. Fear and anxiety are crippling. There is so much help in hope in Christ. We can find peace when we pause, pray and ponder the truth of His power in our lives. 

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20

How do I take on this day? I can choose to live in this earthly, temporary vessel by trusting in the one who experienced our skin. He chose to be the sacrifice for our sins. The old self is a thing of the past. The new self is Savior sanctioned. His blood signature left our death note "paid in full". We are meant to live fully, fearless and freely... and in the light of his love. 

The light of His Love lightens our load and lifts us up; His beloved live free of fear.

"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love." -1 John 4:18

Perfect love casts out fear! 

Today, I am grateful for fear busters.

No comments:

Post a Comment