Thursday, April 22, 2021

More Examples

  

Year 9- Day 112: Today, I am grateful for more examples.

Sometimes I need a good Goff quote:

"Love one another. We don't nee more instructions; we need more examples." - Bob Goff

When we grow more weary, our patience is shorter. When we think something is obvious, it is harder to offer grace to others. We all see through our own experiences and knowledge. Aren't we really called to see with Jesus' eyes? 

"What would Jesus do?" was a popular catch phrase several  years ago. The longer I read the word and study by Jesus' example, I wonder if we might be better off asking, "What would Jesus see?". 

We can't act if we don't see the need. We can't "save the world" if we don't see the perishing. We can't feed the world, if we don't recognize hunger. Jesus led by example, but what He did was a response to what he saw. 

"So now, come back to your God. Act with love and justice, and always depend on him." -Hosea 12:6

Act with love and justice. Depend on Him. His example is trustworthy. Look with His eyes and see more clearly.  

"Lord, help me to see what you want me to see and do what you want me to do." -Amen

Today, I am grateful for more examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment