Friday, April 9, 2021

Simple


Year 9- Day 99: Today, I am grateful for the simple.

Nine years of posting daily gratitude has taught me to treasure the simple pleasures. Life gets messy, complicated, exhausting and  unpredictable. When we look to "the simple" we are inspired. 

"How difficult it is to be simple." -Vincent Van Gogh

I love white paint. It is my preference to have white walls, with décor adding the pops of color. It is a clean and simple look, I can never get enough. 

Simple bedding always looks inviting, too. White sheets and accents are beautiful (but not black dog friendly). Making things simple often requires planning. I am always impressed by the hostess who makes it all look simple. 

"Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow." -Psalm 5:8

In art, the simple captures our eye and attention. In prayer, we can say "make your way plain for me." In other words, "Keep it simple." 

Today, I am grateful for the simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment