Thursday, May 13, 2021

Choose Your Worship


Year 9- Day 133: Today, I am grateful we can choose who and what we worship.

Worry is a problem. It zaps the strength and goodness out of the day. It wears us out on many levels. It invades our heads and impacts our hearts spiritually and physically. Worry, a kind of fear, is breathed by the enemy... and he has bad breath! 

Toby Mac has some fun quotes. This one was new to me. He nailed it!

"Worry is worshipping the problem." 

It seems there has been a theme to gratitude this week and worry passages have come up a couple of times. Here is the anti-worry passage that is a favorite for many:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. -Proverbs 3:5-6

We do not always understand His ways. In fact, at times we are baffled by how a loving, good God could allow such trials to come our way. But for those who claim this scripture in the hard times, I have NEVER, EVER heard them look back and say "I was wrong to put my trust in the Lord." Never, have I ever... and I've had quite a few years of watching and experiencing God in the good times and in the troubles. 

Worry is worshiping the problem. Put worry aside and claim the power of praise. Worshiping the One True God who never fails our leaves us:

"For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.  I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. -John 17:2-4

Let us complete the work we have to do. We do not know the number of our days, but we do know how to choose the focus of our worship. 

Today, I am grateful we can choose who and what we worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment