Sunday, May 2, 2021

Lilacs

 

Year 9- Day 121: Today, I am grateful for the lilacs.

Gratitude is so easily missed, just like the lilacs on our bush. They seem to bloom fast, and then they are gone. I had a couple of conversations with friends and picked some off the bush. I thought I had used them for daily gratitude. I went back to look and I had not.

I do not like lilac scented anything. As much as I love the real thing... the man made lab scents are never right. In fact, they hurt my nose to smell them. Only God, in my opinion, can get the lilac right. I once returned some lilac scented soap to Bath and Body Works, years ago. It was awful. Now, I avoid lilac scented items. I will simply enjoy the real ones for their brief moment in time even more.

We, in the USA, are constantly bombarded with products. Man has learned to imitate nature in many areas. Today, I am reminded to pause and wonder at the things only God can imagine and create.

"O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them." -Psalm 40:5

His ways are wondrous.

Today, I am grateful for the lilacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment