Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Dancing

Year 9- Day 124: Today, I am grateful for dancing.

Dancing is one of my favorite activities. I refuse to group it with exercise, but it is a workout. It is simply fun. I enjoy watching all kinds of dancing and participating when I can.

I am not a big Nietzsche fan, but this quote captured my attention and resonated with my heart:

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Friedrich Nietzsche

So many do not hear the music. I joke about my "Earworm" in reference to the voice in my head that sings the same song over and over... sometimes just a few lines. Most of you have Earworms, too.

I joke that the "Love of my Lift" chose me because I was the first girl he dated who knew the polka. We both grew up with that dance. I learned dancing with my Grandfather at the Nursing Home shows we put on. Randy learned from his family, too. The polka is still a good dance.

David danced in the Bible with all of his might:

"And David danced before the Lord with all his might, wearing a priestly garment."-2 Samuel 6:14

It is a way to lift our hearts in praise to the "Lord of the Dance", which reminds me of an old favorite song from Stephen Curtis Chapman:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lord+of+the+dance+steven+curtis+chapman&atb=v208-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiuX7pzQRI_k

Nature dances as the breeze blows through the grassy plains or the trees of the forest. In the fall, the leaves dance on their way to the ground. A tiny toddler dances at the sight of blowing bubbles. We were designed to dance.

Today, I am grateful for dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment