Friday, May 7, 2021

Mother's In Love

 


Year 9- Day 126: Today, I am grateful for Mother's In Love.

I prefer the term "Mother-in-Love" over mother-in-law. Love is a choice we make every day. The law is more contractual and forced. Love chosen is so much better than a contract. I adore the daughters my sons have chosen.

I love the story of Ruth and Naomi. Ruth is courageous in her choice to love Naomi who is heartbroken and miserable. Their grief must have been as heavy as the belongings they carried with them on their return to Naomi's homeland. 

Naomi tries to send Ruth back to her family, but Ruth refuses. She chose to love her mother-in-love and to remain faithful to the God she had come to know and love. She stayed in relationship with Naomi and followed her to a foreign land.

" But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God." - Ruth 1:16

We often use the passage at weddings. It is perfect for that occasion. I think it is equally appropriate for our times of trials or grieving. The most beautiful thing we can say to one another is "I am with you." Not just in the celebrations, but the hard times, too. Where you go... I will go. You will not go alone. 

I am grateful for the other mother's who love my sons. They are such a blessing. 

I deeply loved my Mother-in-Love for who she was and how she raised her children.

Today, I am grateful for Mother's In Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment