Monday, May 24, 2021

Freshly Mowed Lawns

 

Daily Gratitude Year 9-Day 144: Today, I am grateful for freshly mowed lawns. 

The scent of a freshly mown lawn is a heavenly scent. The scent of cut grass is one of the more refreshing I know. It makes me feel alive. It is a happy scent. I am grateful for the ones who do the mowing, too. "

There are candles and wax melts that smell like freshly cut grass. Still, there is nothing like the real thing. 

This sign made me giggle. It is true. There is nothing like the neighbor mowing their lawn to pressure you into firing up the lawn mower. 

Add spring blooms, like peonies and lilacs, into the mix of the fresh cut grass, and it is something almost magical. Pause. Take it in. Savor the season. 

"Awake, north wind! Rise up, south wind! Blow on my garden and spread its fragrance all around." -Solomon 4:16

Yes, spread the fragrance all around. 

Today, I am grateful for freshly mowed lawns... and positive peer pressure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment