Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Bird Watching - Watching Bird

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 121: Today, I am grateful for bird watching and being watched by the birds.

This little bird is watching us. Isn't he cute? 

I remember buying Mom Smith the magazine "Birds and Blooms" for a gift each year, but I didn't understand it. She loved it, and it was a fun and easy gift. I, also, remember the day I "got it." I am not sure if I felt "grown-up" or "old."  I am going to go with "grown-up."

Bird watching is one of the ways man seems to instinctively respond to nature. Birds are funny. We are way more curious about them than they are about us. There are some exceptions, but most birds are content to go about their business. 

Birds are mentioned many times in the Bible. One of my favorite passages is when Jesus calls attention to the birds and their lack of worry. 

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?  -Matthew 6:25-26

They take one day at a time and one meal at a time. They weather the storms and rebuild when necessary. 

Take a deep breath. Watch the birds. And, perhaps you will find a bird watching you. 

Today, I am grateful for bird watching and being watched by the birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment