Monday, April 1, 2024

God Has A Room


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 92: Today, I am grateful God has a room. 

What do we do when we come up against the unknown? Do we attempt to control the situations, or do we give it up to God? The struggle is a human one and it is real. 

I had forgotten this story of Corrie Ten Boom's first days in the USA. 

I was at the end of my first week in America and practically at the end of my money. The clerk at the YMCA had told me I could not stay there another week. Where should she forward my mail?

"I don't know yet. God has a room for me but He has not told me where yet."

I could see by the look on her face that she was concerned about me. Then she handed me a piece of mail which she had overlooked. The letter was from a woman who heard me speak in New York. She was offering me the use of her son's room.

I gave the amazed clerk my new address after thanking God for His care.

But my God shall supply all your needs. . . Philippians 4:19

Thank You, Lord, that we may know that our need is never greater than the Helper.
-Corrie Ten Boom

I cannot imagine how strange it must have been for her after surviving the horrors of life in a concentration camp. I think one of the things that oozed out of Corrie was God's peace and calm. I think it is one of the reasons I love her so much. She knew she could trust His plan, even when she didn't know what the plan entailed. 

"Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!" -Psalm 14:1

Today, I am grateful God has a room and a plan. We can trust His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment