Saturday, April 20, 2024

Wild Vines


Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 101: Today, I am grateful for wild vines. 

Wisteria is a bit of a mystery to me. Is it a tree, a bush, or a wild vine? For us, it has always been a surprise from bird droppings. I love it. 

It is strong, wild, and beautiful. If controlled, it can be spectacular shade. We are watching the rehab of an old building in Italy where they are trying to save the wisteria. I understand their desire. It is gorgeous. 

I wonder if that is how God sees us at times? Strong, wild, and beautiful. I hope so. That might explain his patience and abiding love, even when we do the things we know we should not do. 

He allows consequences... some of them are hard... but I wonder if he relishes in us "submitting our lives to him as a living sacrifice" not only because His ways are always better for us... but because he designed the very part of us that wants to be wild and free in our own strength. Submission of our will and handing Him our hearts is evidence that we are choosing him back. 

He knows our minds and our hearts. 

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." -Romans 12:1-2 

Be like wisteria... strong, wild and free, but submit to the Master Gardener's Hand. 

Today, I am grateful for wild vines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment